Tuesday 3 March 2009

Fighting the Chinese genes

As you may already know form my previous blog posts, I have been trying to bulk up and “get big”... I was told again today that I'm not as big as my (white English) friend, Ben, who is also on this “getting big” programme. It's annoying! And I blame it on my genes! The Chinese aren't built to be big. We don't play rugby; we stick to table tennis and badminton where our small frames and nimbleness works to our advantage. I'm green with envy off Ben... we have been lifting pretty much the same in the gym, yet he is the one bulking up. I argue the Chinese simply aren't built for this!!

On the other hand, another friend said to me today, “It's not all about size.” And I have to agree with this. I believe I am getting stronger, which will help my Martial Arts, and I won't need to buy a new wardrobe because I've got too big for my clothes (unlike Ben)!!

1 comment: